Home Links S&DJR Home. Links. SDJR.

Charlton Marshall Halt was opened on the 5th July 1928. It was one of five halts opened between 1923 and 1929 in an attempt to compete with the increasing threat from the rural bus services. It had a comparatively short life and closed on the 17th September 1956.

Charlton Marshall halt, 1964 Charlton Marshall halt, 2003

Charlton Marshall Halt 1964

Copyright © Geoffrey and David Cook 1964

Charlton Marshall Halt, February 2nd, 2003

Copyright © Geoffrey Cook 2003

Charlton Marshall halt, 2005 Charlton Marshall halt, 2005

The two pictures above of Charlton Marshall Halt were taken in February 2005.  Very little seems to have changed since the track was lifted in 1966. Photographs by Paul Carter

Copyright © Gordon Jones 2007

Somerset and Dorset

Joint Railway

Searching for a lost line

History & Bath Green Park Station - Tucking Mill & Midford - Midford Viaduct, Wellow, Shoscombe and Radstock

Midsomer Norton Station - Chilcompton - Binegar - Masbury - Winsor Hill - Shepton Mallet - Evercreech Junction - Cole - Henstridge Stourpaine & Durweston - Blandford - Charlton Marshall - Spetisbury - Bailey Gate - Corfe Mullen - Broadstone - Home page

Links to other sites

Quick links to other pages on this site